Have some fun with pumpkin jokes and family activities for the fall.
- Pumpkin Jokes – Enjoy some great Pumpkin Jokes HERE.
- Pumpkin Carve – Get a pumpkin and carve a design into it. You cut out what you didn’t want. Read Colossians 3:5-10 and talk about things that God wants you to “put off” or cut out of your life.
- Pumpkin Paint – Get a pumpkin and paint it. Design it how you want it, then read Psalm 139:13-15 from your Bible and talk about how God designed you.
- Pumpkin Throw – Let each person in your family choose a small pumpkin (or if you don’t want to make a mess in your backyard, use a plastic pumpkin.) See who can throw their pumpkin the furthest. How far you can throw has a limit but take a look at how far God throws our sin when He forgives us. Read Psalm 103:12 from your Bible. When God forgives our sin, He completely removes it–as far as the east from the west. In other words, it’s gone!
- Pumpkin Toss – You better use a small pumpkin for this! See how far you can toss it back and forth before it hits the ground. There’s nothing wrong with tossing a pumpkin but God doesn’t want us to be tossed back and forth. He wants us to live in faith and stand on His Word. Read and discuss James 1:6 and Ephesians 4:14.
- Pumpkin Scoop – Cut open a pumpkin and remove the yucky insides. Talk about how God doesn’t want us just to look good on the outside. He wants us to be clean on the inside. And just like you removed the seeds, God will remove your sins if you are willing to confess them to Him. Read and discuss 1 John 1:9.
- Pumpkin Seeds – Take all of those nasty seeds and cook them up. (There are lots of online recipes.) See how something that looks and feels so bad can end up so good. In the same way, God can take any bad thing that happens to us and turn it to our good if we love Him and are following Him. Read and discuss Romans 8:28.
Enjoy your Fall and always follow Jesus!
Help us keep sharing the love of Jesus around the world.
Share these resources: